Monday 18 March 2013

Creating Titles


One of the tasks that was still outstanding within my groups product was that of the opening titles. When watching some current media texts the vast majority if not all start with the name of the production company. We selected a lightning bolt to be the figure head of the company as like the smoke with the previous title can be used to represent some conventions within thrillers and our product. With lightning coming in storms the well known saying 'the calm before the storm' is something I believe we showed within our sequence with a slow build up as found frequently throughout the thriller genre into a more climatic end. The black background on white text is again something found regularly on titles however some more modern companies have started to animate their images and introduce colour for these opening titles.

I created the image itself using another Adobe product (Photoshop CS6) where the 'difference cloud' effect combined with some layer masking and colour alteration gave the above effect. The text itself is also something I thought about. With the lightning being a sharp electric look I wanted to use a similar effect through the text so that is why I selected a modern looking text. The image above also shows a rule of thirds grid which I left on. I used it to try and get the composition correct with the main subject being that of the lightning in the central third and the text being of lower importance put into the first and third sector

To advance on this I could see if I could add some motion perhaps using After Effects or a similar piece of software however my group and I will first have to view the still image with transitional effects before making a decision.



No comments:

Post a Comment