Monday 5 November 2012

What I've learnt since starting media...

Since September I've learnt lots with regards to how the media works, techniques and terminology used within. One of the most challenging things I found was to get my head around the terms used in semiotics and how to correctly apply them. I've now since broadened my knowledge on signs and know the difference between indexical, iconic and symbolic.

We then went on to study genre, where I learnt about the conventions of what make genre and also how they are split up into hybrids and sub genre. We also explored the possibility that their is "pure" sub genre and they are all some type of sub genre.

At this time I also developed my analytical skills writing essays on the titanic and the television series primeval. Although I believe that my analytical skill can still be improved I would say that they have progressed from what they were prior to the year.

Targets

For my first essay I received a C grade which I was pleased with but I then got an E in the next. Therefore I would say that one of my targets would be to improve my writing skills to boost my essay grades.

Also learning all the key terms is something that is important however this has been helped by creating a glossary with the words I see to be important I've also blogged on camera, sound and editing so when that is required I can fall back on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment